Stellar Volume Optimizer
Scan, Repair & create backup of Mac volume(s)
Stellar Volume Repair is the most powerful and secure utility to rebuild a Mac’s damaged volume directory. It uses a unique mechanism, which backup the data from the old directory and replaces it with a new one. In addition, it repairs corrupted files and folders on partitions making them error-free. Moreover, the software checks for error in multiple linked files, catalog file, volume bitmap, etc.
- Repairs Volume errors on Mac OS X
- Replaces the corrupt directory with the new one
- Verifies and provides preview of the volume to be fixed
- Provides an option to roll back a volume to its previous state
- User-friendly approach to repair file and folders
- Option to create Boot DVD to repair start-up disk
- Supports OS X Mavericks 10.9 and below.
Stellar Volume Optimizer featured options
The software proves to be very useful to resolve crashes and errors occurred within the directory structure of your disk.
Some of the key features of the tool are as follows:
Repairs non-working or troubled Volume
The software can be used in fixing range of issues related to errors and damage in a Mac disk like issues with mount/dismount of any volume or any corruption in accessing the volume. The issues can arise while opening, saving, or deleting files on a Mac OS X volume. The tool analyzes the level of damage and takes the permission accordingly, to build the volume structure. However, if the volume errors are minor, they are repaired without having to rebuild the directory.
The Volume repair can be used for the following lists of errors
Rebuild a Volume Directory
- The tool replaces the corrupt directory with a newly created directory. It takes the backup of the old directory and mounts the Mac volume in the new directory, which makes all your seemingly lost data accessible.
Verify Disk Permissions
- You can verify disk permissions with various apple-originated files and folders present on all bootable volumes in the system containing any OS X.
- This option is used if a volume with the operating system has developed permission issues with the files installed by the Mac OS X installer. It comes with an option "Repair Permission module", which checks if there are any problems with disk permissions granted to different users and identifies any issue with them and gives an option to repair them in case of any discrepancy.
Create Bootable DVD
- Volume Repair provides you an option to create a bootable DVD to repair the boot volume of your Mac. You can select your boot disk to boot your system and fix your boot volume. However, if your Mac is not bootable, you can create bootable DVD on another system of similar configuration. This bootable DVD can then be used to boot your Mac and rebuild the corrupt volume directory.
- The rich GUI makes the overall process very easy and quick to perform. The interface also provides an option to rollback and update.
1. What are the most common errors for a damaged Mac directory?
Some of the most common error messages include:
- Invalid key length
- Invalid index key
- Invalid leaf record count
2. Can I avoid minor volume corruption?
Yes. You can often use this tool to resolve any minor volume corruption before it turns into a major problem.
3. How can I repair, if my bootable DVD is corrupt?
The tool provides you an option to create a bootable DVD on a different system that has a similar hardware configuration as your Mac. You can then use the bootable disc to boot your troubled Mac and rebuild the corrupt directory of your system.
4. Can I repair the corrupt volume using the demo version?
No. You cannot repair and rebuild the corrupt volume directory using the demo version. The 'Demo' version of the software just enables you to create a bootable DVD and scan Mac OS X volumes to find out if a repair is needed.